Are you a vendor, artist, crafter, festival, Convention and Visitors Bureau, tourist destination, or service provider for festivals and events in the Southeastern United States? Then you’re in the right place!
Make SFEA your “go-to” resource for education, networking, and promotion for festivals and events of all types and sizes. With annual awards that can bring in big sponsors, partnerships to help you learn and grow, event promotion to increase attendance, a vendor network to fully outfit your event, and more, SFEA’s got you covered.
With SFEA in your corner, a kaleidoscope of opportunities will open for your organization!
**SFEA spans the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.**
Check out our events!
SFEA member events come in all shapes and sizes, and all are designed to delight!
These images highlight some of our outstanding member events, as well as SFEA-sponsored events and conferences.
SFEA Conference 2024: Jekyll Island
Join us on Jekyll Island in February 2024! Who doesn’t learn better on the beach?!?!
The City of Salisbury, NC, Cheerwine Festival
2020 Annual Conference fireworks setup by Pyro Shows
Oak Grove (KY) Tourism Annual Butterfly Festival
The City of Duluth, GA, Howl on the Green
Happy New Year!!!!!
2020 Conference Glow Stick Party
Summer concert season
Events that provide entertainment AND education
Seasonal adult engagements
What can becoming an SFEA member do for your career and your organization? Check out some of the benefits of membership:
- Access to educational events and content throughout the year, from newsletter articles to local seminars held across the region
- Discounted tickets to the annual conference and lower Kaleidoscope Award application fees
- SFEA-sponsored promotion of your events and organization through local and regional press outlets and SFEA’s social media accounts and website
- Partnerships with other organizations, such as discounted registration for the Southeast Tourism Society’s annual Marketing College
- Access to the members-only forum for discussions, questions, recommendations, and networking
Festivals, Events, and Planners
- Educational seminars
- Idea-sharing and networking
- Press and social promotion of your events
- Job postings
Vendors, Suppliers, and Services
- Listing in vendor database
- Opportunities to showcase
- Vendor-specific educational content
- Reduced fees for conference exhibitors
- Learn from industry professionals
- Access high-level or niche educational content
- Experience a variety of styles and postions
- Attend conferences and learn to network
Being a member of SFEA has allowed me to connect and exchange ideas with other event professionals.
– Jill M., City of Lilburn, GA
It was a dream come true to receive a call from Frito-Lay after they simply Googled “Award-winning festivals of the south” and at the top of that list was the SFEA Kaleidoscope Best Festival over 75K - Jekyll Island Shrimp & Grits Festival.
– Nancy K. R., Jekyll Island Authority
SFEA has been a great resource for contacts within the festivals and events industry!
– Martin L., City of Rock Hill, SC
SFEA provides amazing networking opportunities with year-round workshops and the annual conference.
– Evan G., Tybee Post Theater
Marketing is better when it's personal, and SFEA helps us really engage with potential clients.
– Jamie M., Shatterproof Media
About Southeast Festivals & Events Association
The Southeast Festivals & Events Association (SFEA) is a 501 (c) 6 membership-based organization.
Composed of festival and event planners, venues, and industry service providers, SFEA was founded in 2009 to strengthen the festival and event industry throughout the southeast United States by hosting educational sessions, networking opportunities, award recognition, and additional events throughout the year, thus allowing for continued professional growth within the industry.
Membership is open to all people involved in any aspect of festivals or events, as well as those wanting to get their start or learn more about this exciting profession.
To strengthen, educate, and unify the festivals and events industry throughout the Southeast through networking and education.
When we share ideas and information, we all become better and stronger together.
Use our members-only forum to discuss ideas and questions and utilize our extensive network to expand, grow, and learn.
Attend our educational seminars and conferences to learn from industry professionals about best practices, new technologies, and niche aspects of the industry.
Get ideas, encouragement, and support, not to mention that famous Southern hospitality, from our regionally diverse network of planners and pros whose professional projects run the gamut from hyper-local to nationally recognized events.